Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

So i won't go into detail how i didnt update this Blog for the longest time.. instead, i just want to celebrate being back and already totally excited for the next 24hourreadathon in.. tomorrow?! Goodness! I mean, i am kind of prepared already.. so here come my plans, hopes and ideas!

1. Schedule
In an almost ridicculous tradition i am once again facing the fact that i cannot start the readathon in time.. as always, it starts at 2pm for me but I'll be at a seminar until 5pm.. the rest is still pretty much unplanned.. there is the idea of watching a spooky movie together with my boyfriend, fitting the overall spooky/ halloweeny topic. Too bad that the new Sabrina netflix series will come out a week later - it might have been a really good fit for the occasion.. ;)
As also is my tradition, i will not try to force myself to stay awake but just read as long as it's fun, and i will also not wake myself up crazy early again.. it's about having  fun, isn't it? ;)

2. Reading plans
Books books books! ;P okay, it's already a little more concrete.. this year, the 24hourreadathon overlaps with the spookathon, a week-long readathon hosted by my favorite booktuber lala along with two other booktubers. I already tought about theming my readings according to spooky / seasonal stuff, and now i have all the more reasons. The challenges for the spookathon are:

1. Read a Thriller
2. Read a book with Purple on the cover
3. Read a Story set in a different time period
4. Read something with a spooky word in the title
5. Read a book with pictures

I recently read the first volume of Paper girls and immediately bought Vol. 2 and 3. As Graphic Novels set in probably several time periods, these fulfill the challenges 5 and 3 nicely. There is even a little purple on one of the covers, so also 2?.. ;) 

As a Thriller, i am planning to Listen to the Audiobook of "I know you know". It is 10 hours long,  8 and a half if i Listen in 1.2xspeed as i mostly do. However, i also have "I am still alive" on my TBR which could Count as a thriller. Then, I also just realized that my favourite German author, Juli Zeh, has another book out, and I would be excited to read it as well. Last readathon, I read her book „Leere Herzen“ and loved it a lot.

I am even more torn about my choice fort he challenge 4.. I really want to read „Muse of Nightmares“, as I just finished „Strange the Dreamer“. But I audiobooked the first and would like to do the same with the 2nd, but 2 audiobooks for one readathon might be nonsense.. but nightmare would be an awesome spooky word, AND the cover is purple..
Another option would be „the secrets oft he wild woods“ (yes, woods are spooky, especially wild ones! ;) ). This is also a 2nd volume to a duology and a reread for me – i read the books years ago when i was a teenager..
The third option would be the 2nd volume of a German middle grade series, whose title is (roughly translated) „The apothecary of fragrances – the secret of the black flower“. I mean, black flowers are scary, right? (And what about all these 2nd books in a series, am i right?!)
The last option would be another volume in the „Murder most unladylike“ series, which I totally fell in love with last summer. The books are firstly awesome and secondly really quick reads, so actually a good pick for a readathon. It’s just that the one next in the series form e to read is „Mistletoe and Murder“ – wrong season.. I might still read it, or go for the short stories of the series collected in „Cream buns and Crime“..

Then I also have some books I might want to read, even though they don’t totally fit into the spookathon theme and challenges. I have a beautiful book with a collection of arabic tales I really want to get to, and currently I am reading „An absolutely remarkable thing“ by Hank Green and I’m not sure whether I’ll be finished until the readathon.

In general, I learned at the last readathon that I need fast-paced stories, not too thick books, graphic novels work fine for me, an audiobook in line is also helpful, and a cute contemporary will carry me through the night. (Yeah, I noticed. Not so much cuteness on the current TBR pile.. ;) ). It also helped last time that I had already narrowed down my list of books to about 10 books, and then being able to choose something from that list based on my mood..

3. Food and other shenanigans
Food is always a big topic for the preperation of the readathon.. and at first, I’m always excited for preparing something cool, but then my time table cuts into my preparing and/or reading time and I end up just buying all my favourite snacks and ordering some food so that I don’t lose more reading time. It will probably not be different this time. However, I have one plan: I want to finally try pumpkin spice latte!!! :) It’s such a huge thing on twitter and Co because people either hate or love it but it’s not huge here in Germany and I finally want to try (and find out whether I join the fans or the haters..). It’s good my seminar is downtown, so I’ll just stop by at a Starbucks or another coffee chain and hope they’ll have it. I can start listening to my audiobook and perhaps take a walk in the park, being all cool with a pumpkin spice latte.. ;)

Last April, I also had a bullet journal just for the readathon.. I loved it a loooot but it also was quite some prep work and I am not sure whether I’ll have that… on the other hand, this might also be a good activity while listening tot he audiobook.. so I might do it

And of course, I also plan tob log and tweet about the whole event because that’s half the fun :) Last time I managed 2 blog entries, which was less than I first planned but still rather good. So, that again?..

Maaan, I am only half prepared but I make up for it with double the excitement. I can’t wait for.. Saturday! See you then!

:)

Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Reading Quest Day 4

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post