Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post

After being so successful on the last readathon - yayyy, here comes the next one! :)

For several years now, I have participated in Dewey's 24 hour readathon and it has always been so much fun! This time will be a special one, first because it's the 10-year-anniversary of this readathon, and secondly because this will be my first readathon with a blog!!! :) Let's see how good I will be with posting updates this time around.. ;)

So, hard facts first: the readathon will be OCTOBER 21 starting at the same time all over the world and lasting 24 hours. you can check on the website when your starting time is. E.g., for me here in Germany, the readathon starts Saturday at 2pm.

Even though there are still over three weeks to go, I have of course started to at least mentally prepare for the event. 

Reading Schedule: Thing is, I have a seminar on that day, probably lasting until 5pm. So I will already miss the first 3 hours. And I will not even attempt to read all through the night in order to not mess with my sleeping cycle too much. So the rough plan would be to start reading at about 6pm until 2am, then sleep, and read more in the morning until 1:59pm! :) It is kind of a tradition for me to take a bath throughout the readathon and read there.. last time, I also spend an hour or so sitting outside in the sun, reading, so if the weather allows, I want to do that, too :)

TBR: As I am planning to continue the reading quest until Christmas (see prior post..), my reading list will be constructed in order to fit these challenges - and it depends a little on how far I progress with the paths to tell which books I'll read. But there are 2 books I would like to read during the readathon: firstly, John Green's new book Turtles all the way down. I am rather excited for it, and also it kind of makes a tradition because I read his paper Towns at my first ever 24 hour readathon :) Secondly, I yesterday heard some booktubers talk about the short story collection Death or Ice Cream, and it definitely made me want to pick it up. And in general, it is always great to have some different genres at a readathon, and short stories are a nice change.. I will also have an audiobook, but I'll keep it open what I want to listen to.

Fooooooood: If you haven't participated in Dewey's before, get prepared for talking a lot about food! It's awesome! :D People plan out their snacks weeks before, exchanging recepies for awesome stews and soups and dips and... aaah.. if you're looking for this, check the readathon group. But if you're like me and end up buying everything because of busy and lazy, don't feel bad and plan along :) I always buy snacks and sweets I usually don't have, either because they're a little expensive, or some that you cannot find in every shop..

Further Preperations: for more planning and anticipation and general book happiness, check the website, the twitter account and the goodreads group of the readathon. They contain as many happy readers and planners and gifs and overall giddiness as you can wish for!

:)

Kommentare

  1. Hey Books turtle :) ,

    You didn't tell us about your last Readathon and since long time ago you didn't upload any other posts . We hope that everything is running smooth at your side .

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Reading Quest Day 4