Dewey's 24-Hour-Readathon, Part II

Aaaand we're done!

I can' believe the 24 hours are over already!....

but let's start from the beginning.

After my post yesterday I finished my first book sitting on my windowsill in the evening sun. The weather was beautiful, the book heart wrenching - what more could a girl want?! ;)


After that I took a short break with social media and reading critiques on the first book before I decided it was now time for a graphic novel, so I started the Jane Eyre graphic novel and finished it off taking a nice bath.


I love the story of Jane Eyre; I didn't love the graphic novel so much. I am not too fond of the art style, and I did the mistake of buying the "Quick text" version instead of the "original text" version, so I missed a lot of iconic lines from the book. It was still lovely to dive back into the story, and thanks to the "quick text" it really was a quick read.. ;)

After that I took a break from reading with some delivery food (greek, yummy!) and the first episode of Westworld (oh - my - god, where is this show gonna go?!?...).

By now it was past 11pm here (10th hour of the readathon) and I decided to read a contemporary, as they are usually the best thing to keep me awake and entertained. I chose Eliza and her Monsters. I had wanted to read it ever since I had read "Tasha hearts Tolstoi" in January because I loved this mixture of online fandom, teenager girl coming of age and some romance. However, I had postponed it for exactly that similiarities in order to not get the stories mixed up in my head. But now it should be fine, so I got started!

I loved it just as much as I had hoped, but anyhow, at 2am my eyes were falling closed all the time, so I went to bed. For me, the readathon is a big self-care-thing, and as sleep is a huge thing for my well-being, I never force myself to stay awake, or wake up to early. Which also means I slept until 9 this morning, read a little, had a lazy breakfast and took my time until I finally finished Eliza.

After that, there was just an hour of readathon left and I felt like reading a graphic novel again, so I read as much of Persepolis 2 in this last hour as I could. I read about half of it, and I like it just as much as the first one (it also is equally heartbreaking...).



All in all, I read 3 and a half books, totalling 965 pages. I am very proud of that (although right now I am thinking I could have made a full 1000 pages?... ;) ). I also enjoyed my bullet journal a lot, and also posting things online. I am always torn between interacting more online and reading more online, but all in all, I am happy with the mixture.

Here again the pictures from my journal. I seem to have anticipated the number of read pages almost perfectly! :) I didn't get around to read in my armchair or outside (I decided the windowsill doesn't count ;) ).





So, it's done. I'll go tidy up a little, and also check the readathon website for the next date!...

:)

PS: Also, this thing happened where I mentioned an author I really really like in a tweet and she answered!! With a heart! Look! https://twitter.com/guitarcyyy/status/990250860801413120



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Reading Quest Day 4

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post