Reading Quest Day 4

Ah well. That almost worked with the daily updates... :D But as I said, i was kind of busy with a lot of other stuff, and as expected there isn't too much progress I can actually tell you about..

On the upside: I am progressing accoridng to my plan! :D The plan was to read "The Automobileclub of Cairo" in the first week, and so far I am 40% into the book (approximately 260 pages), and I love it so far! I like the way the book gives you background stories to a lot of different characters. This makes the development of the plot slow, but gives you such a good and diverse impression of the Egyptian society in the 1930s (as I am pretty sure this is when the main story takes place, so far the book has not given an exact year..). It reminds me a little of J.K. Rowling's Casual Vacancy in the way it follows these different characters in order to give you an impression of the society, but also to analyze small psychological mechanisms. I just hope this book's end will not break my heart as the Casual Vacancy's did...

Anyways, i will go on reading this book and hope to finish it Sunday. I will not make any promises anymore regarding my updates, but I will keep you posted. Literally. (Who am I even talking to?...)

Overall
Pages read: 260
Books finished: 0
Experience Points: 10
Level: 1
Health Points: 36

Kommentare

  1. You are talking to us :) " books Turtle " slowly but surely , isn't that what you meant even by the name :-)?

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post