February Wrap, March Madness

And another month in 2018 has started! Can you believe we're already in March?...

so first wrapping up February. I read two books in February. Overall, I am reading a little less this year than I usually do, and the reason for that is actually two things: podcasts and Dr Who! :) I usually read on my commute or listen to audiobooks but in the last weeks I fell in love with several podcasts and listened to those instead. And when at home, I really enjoyed falling down the rabbit hole of the Dr Who universe (finally, some of my friends would say.. ;) ).

Still, some reading happened. I successfully read my TBR-challenge-read! I finished "Die Pyramide". It was a nice, classic crime story, with a grumpy policeman and ivery unsuspicious suspects, and some nice side-action in Kairo at the pyramids. It was not life-changing, but a quick read.

I also reread one of my favorite books ever, for approximately the 20th time. The book is "Understood Betsy", a coming-of-age story of a little girl in Vermont about a 100 years ago. I first read the story when I was about 9 (in the German translation of course) and fell in love with it immediately. Since then, I check about yearly whether I still love it so much - and so far I do! ;)

I also started "Persepolis", a graphic novel about Iran during the revolution through the eyes of a 10yearold (seems I have a thing with reading books about ten-yearolds at the moment.. ;) ). I already had this on my TBR for the readathon last summer and for some reason I always pushed it... which was really stupid, the book is just as good as everyone says! I am halfway through and am looking forward to finishing it.

I haven't made any progress in Night Circus or The Sweetheart Season in February but I hope that'll change in March.

Which leads me to my March plans! The draw for the TBR game for this month is........ THE CHILDREN'S BOOK by A.S. Byatt! Yayyy! I bought this book in 2009 in London because the cover looks so beautiful. However, I haven't even started it ever but just had it pick up dust on my shelf. Now I am very excited to hopefully finally read it.

I also hope to finish some of the books I've started - I always have several books going at the same time but it makes me nervous if there are too many. Also, I really want to read them; none of them have been pushed because I didn't like them.

This weekend, I will be on a weekend trip, and one of the major plans for the next two days is to read, read and read! :) I am looking forward to that so much, and hope to get quite some reading done! I'll take all my started books, plus my kindle, just to have all the choices..

Until End of  March!

:)


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Reading Quest Day 4

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post