January Wrap-up and February Plans

January is over and I want to summarize my monthly reading.

I didn't read a total lot this month - however, I read one really awesome book, and started several good ones. So not too bad.

My first (and only) finished book this January was "Tash hearts Tolstoi" by Kathryn Ormsbee, and I loved it so much! :) It was sweet, and fun, and sad, and a really nice fly-through read! I especially recommend it to everyone who is into literature-based web-series (if you're an internet-book-person and aren't a fan yet, go and watch the Lizzie Bennet Diaries and Classic Alice and everything by Shipwrecked Comedy, and then come back!)

I also started audiobooking The Night Circus, but it might not have been the smartest choice ever to go for the audiobook there - the story is confusing enough, missing random sentences and falling asleep while listening really doesn't help.. don't get me wrong, the audiobook is beautiful, it's read by Jim Dale!!!! only my attention span with audiobooks isn't the best combination with this whimsical story..

Oh, and of course I started reading The Sweetheart Season, my January book from the TBR Game! :) And it is.. a really good book, but very different from what I expected, so I needed some time adjusting.. I expected some lovestory-like thingy with witty dialogue and some history.. what I got was a book telling a lot of stories and anecdotes centered around this small town in the midwest of the USA after World War II. And actually also from before the worldwar. It's charming, and interesting, and sweet but also rather slowpaced. For now, it's my bathtub read and we'll see when I'll finish it.

So that was January - now into February!

First, the TBR challenge! This month I... *drumroll*... ahem. Used a joker :D The first book I draw is rather on the heavy side, and I just didn't feel like it. So first joker gone, and my new draw is..... *another drumroll*... "Die Pyramide" by Henning Mankell! I am very happy with that one, it's a crime story, and set in Egypt, and what is there not to like?!

I am also still playing with the idea of joining the InLoveAthon, a readathon around Valentine's Day, but I am not sure yet and will decide on that rather spontaneousley.

How is your reading year 2018 going so far?

:)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Reading Quest Day 4

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post