The TBR Pile Game

New years, new ideas. Smetimes I think I have too many ideas and too little discipline to follow them through, but sometimes I just linke making new plans, whether they work out in the end or not.

Like most booklovers, I have an overflowing bookshelf. Like many booklovers, I have had an e-reader for the last years. And I love it so much. I don't miss the smell of the paper, like yome people do, or the feeling of holding a real book. Instead, I enjoy not getting cramps in my hands from holding a 900-page-book, I enjoy always having multiple books with me though just carrying a light, tiny device, and I love being able to buy a book I really feel like reading in the middle of the night and starting it right away.

The problem is, I have kind of stopped reading physical books altogether, although I have a lot of lovely unread books waiting for me on my shelves. Books are meant for reading, not for sitting on my shelf, so I've decided to integrate more physical books into my TBR piles this year. And the best way to do that I could think of was to turn it into some kind of a game! :)

I have chosen 13 books from my shelf that I haven't read yet that I am interested in reading. They are a mixed bunch: classics, contemporaries, historical novels, a crime story, a short story collection, a biography, a graphic novel, English books, German books, you name it.  To each of these books, I assigned a number and wrote the numbers on a piece of paper. Now each month of 2018, I will draw a paper and read the book with the according number. I also have 4 jokers. that means, if I draw a book that I really don't want to read in that month, I can draw once again. But only 4 times! I will really have to check myself on that... ;) I put 13 books on the list so that even in the last month, there is a little surprise in which book to read and technically the chance to use a joker.

Here you go, my reading pile! :)

As it is already mid of January (when did that happen?!), let's go ahead and draw this month's read. It is.....
drumdoll...

The Sweetheart Season by Karen Joy Fowler!


Yay! I think this could be a good start! I am in a contemporary-mood right now, and although right now I am in football-playoffs-fever, most sports can fascinate me. And this is a book about a women's baseball team after the second world war, so I hope for a lot of girlpower! :)

I will try to update you regularly on my progress with the TBR pile game. I am already excited to see how this will turn out and how many books I will actually have read in December...

:)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Reading Quest Day 4

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post