A new beginning

So. yeah. As you might have guessed, Readathon didn't happen as planned.. basically, something came up, and I couldn't spend the day reading, and even though I think I did get an hour of reading in, it didn't feel like the real thing, so I didn't want to blog about it.

And afterwards basically life happened, with a lot to do at the job, moving and being sick.. but I haven't forgotten this blog, and I want to continue posting. Aaaand - the next readathon is also coming up in April - let's hope this one will work out a little better!... ;)

So I take the fact that the new year has just started and everyone plans to be a better human this time around (for reeeeaaals!) to make some plans for my reading year in general and this blog specifically.

So, first of all, I hope to go on reading as much as I did last year. I was happy with the amount of books I read, and mostly also with the books I read. However, here is the first change: I've decided I want to read more in German again. Because of booktube, I get interested in a lot of English books, and if they've been written in English, I usually also prefer reading them in English. I have realized that I actually miss reading in German, and also that I still haven't read some of the books by my favourite German authors. So back to the roots it is! ;)

That being said - I saw an idea on booksandlala's channel that I really like, which is "reading around the world", meaning reading books from authors from as many different countries at possible. I like this idea for its diversity, and because reading always kind of means travelling in your head, and I like the idea to travel as many different places as possible. And as long as the books have not been originally published in English, I can as well read the German translation.. :)

Reading-event-wise I really, really hope to participate in both Dewey's 24-hour-readathons in April and October. I also really really enjoyed the reading quest and will check whether a similar thing will come up again. I will have almost a month off in August/September, so any reading event in that time might be interesting for me :)

For this blog I don't have very concrete plans but to post on a rather regular basis. I have different ideas for entries, but perhaps I should start with some eays but regular updates on my reading process in order to develop a routine with posting. We'll see... :)

So hello 2018, let's get started with aaaaall the good resolutions!

:)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24hourreadathon!

Reading Quest Day 4

Dewey's 24 hour readathon anticipation post